Web design is a three-part process:
1. Visual Design
- Collect input from client on aesthetics.
- Submit a range of design ideas in response to input.
- Revise visual style based on feedback from client.
2. Information Architecture
- Collect input from client about major sections of website, online applications, forms, discussion boards, and other interactive elements.
- Create a "wire frame" version of the website which allows a user to click through every page.
- Revise the wire frame site based on feedback from client.
- Develop tools that allow clients to manage online applications, files, and web content.
- Add content and design to wire frame site.
- Conduct user testing to ensure the usability of the website.
- Revise website based on user and client feedback.